November 5, 2010

Adventures in Self-Publishing, Part II


The first copies of An Editor’s Guide to Working with Authors are published.

Yesterday I went to the office of Third Place Press and took a close look at the proofing copy that Vladimir Verano had prepared. I approved it and stayed there for ten minutes while a new copy of the book was created through the Espresso Book Machine.

I went off for a while to do some errands and enjoy Seattle’s beautiful fall day and when I returned I had twenty more copies. I’ll have more next week. They are now officially for sale through this website.

This process has been different from any I’ve experienced creating a book. I’ll have more to say next week about the publication process, but for now, I just wanted to share my delight in seeing this book come into being.

I’m posting some photographs:

  1. The Espresso Book Machine
  2. Vlad loading paper
  3. The cover being printed
  4. The book being trimmed
  5. The book arriving into the world





 Barbara Sjoholm




2 comments:

  1. How satisfying, Barbara, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, it's born! Cool to see the photos, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete